Part-Time Race Timer
We are looking to add a part-time race timer to our staff for this upcoming racing season.
A Race Timer is responsible for providing a best in class race experience for event directors and participants at events. The position is a part-time contractor position with working hours on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings mainly from March – October. Hours per month vary based on events scheduled. Some travel maybe be required. 90% of events will be in Michigan in the Metro Detroit Region.
– Being knowledgeable in Timing Scoring Software – Race Director and/or RaceDay Scoring
– Being knowledgeable in Online Registration and Result platforms – RunSignUp
– Prepare timing tags, bibs, kiosks and timing equipment for assigned events
– Setup and tear-down of timing equipment at event. This may include setup at the starting line, finish line and splits along the course
– Setup of finish line inflatable arch, tent(s), course signage, road cones and barricades
– Provide customer service to event organizers before and during event.
– Other race-related duties will be asked per event requirements
– High school diploma
– Ability to work well in a stressful work environment
– Works well independently and in a team environment
– Proficient in Windows, Office networking; IT skills preferred
– Racing (running/multisport/cycling) experience preferred
-Must be available to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday; 6am – 12pm)
– Ability to lift 50 pounds
– Ability to travel to events within a 3 hour radius of Detroit
If you’re interested in this position, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Race Timing Position”.